Tuesday, August 31, 2004

numbers

I just found out that I got a raise!

This will be the first real raise I've gotten since...um, lets see, June of 2002. Last year there were layoffs and no money for cost-of-living raises; while my salary did increase slightly when I changed jobs, the increase was not dramatic. (I didn't switch jobs for the money, I switched for my mental health.) In fact, my take-home went up more by changing my W-4 to "married" than it did with the pay increase in the new job.

And today, I found out I got a raise. Small, yes, but a raise nonetheless. And it is a true raise, not a mandated cost-of-living increase (although the amount isn't much more than a cost-of-living increase).

This makes me feel good about how I've been doing my job. Despite my frustrations with it, the boring stretches, and my eagerness to go back to school, I am glad to know that my work here is noticed and that I am being rewarded.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home