Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Suddenly, summer

I woke up this morning and realized it's mid-June. It is officially summer.

So, why don't I feel like summer? This year's seasonal shift hasn't really made its mark on me yet. I'm not taking a big vacation, I don't work around students, and I don't have kids. So nothing in my daily routine has changed that indicates, "Hey! It's effing summer, you office drone!"

I need to get out more. I need to enjoy the sunshine (when there is, in fact, sunshine), breathe the spicy scents of trees and flowers in bloom. It's time to go swimming and brown my skin in the sun (always with a helpful slathering of SPF 15, of course).

It's time to remember that my days cooped up in a back office don't have to affect my evenings, nights, and weekends. My time is my time, and it's now it's summertime!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home