Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Sick in Spring

Few things are worse than developing a wicked head cold during the first really pretty spring weather of the year. OK, I'll be fair -- we had some nice spring weather before I got sick, but I didn't last. Stupid rain. OK, more fairness -- it's going to rain tonight and tomorrow. But yesterday was really pretty. And I was sick! It's so unfair!

Anyway. What I was going to say was that in addition to the nasty mucus (mucous? I read too many British publications) ruining the fine spring air, it's going to ruin a fun night out. Read: tonight, I am to attend a bachelorette party. Said party may or may not be fun, but chances are I won't be having any fun either way. The sniffling and snorting is only exacerbated by alcohol, which also tends to compromise the immune system, which might cause a minor sinus infection to morph dangerously into bronchitis or walking pneumonia or some other disease with odd vowel combinations.

So I'll probably end up ditching the party after dinner to go home and sniffle and snort in front of Law and Order (mmm, fun) while my husband is out with the groom-to-be, and all the other men of the wedding party, on a bus heading to a strip club. Which I only mind because he won't be at home, taking care of sick me. Phbbt.

Excuse me my pity party, but getting sick would have been much more convenient last week. I haven't even taken any work off, despite having nearly 4 weeks worth of sick leave, because I'm already taking off tomorrow and Friday afternoons to go to the insanely early rehearsal and weird Friday wedding of the people having the bachelor(ette) parties. Meh! I'm sure my coworkers would rather I leave than listen to the wretched noises my sinuses and lungs are making.

So. There's my update. Fun, hmmm?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home