Friday, April 23, 2004

Haven't been writing much lately...

...and I'm not sure why.

It's been busy, sure, but busyness should indicate MORE things to write about, not less. Somehow I think the things that are keeping me busy are unimportant, trivial, and that makes me sad.

I've been doing a lot of cool work in my job, but it's kind of unsung-hero stuff: coding and building things someone else wrote. Editing, but not too much. Modifying graphics, but not creating any.

And my calendar tells me that in the next five weekends, I have three weddings. I'm in two, and the other is of a favorite relative. But none of those events are MY events. My role will be observer.

Maybe this is a time for me to just Be. To do what I need to do, get up in the morning, eat and breathe, and give my soul time to rest. Time to regain its elasticity. It has felt sort of stretched thin lately.

So. Observe. Breathe. Eat. Write.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home