Friday, March 12, 2004

Slightly ahead of its time.

E! is showing this special -- the 101 reasons why the 90's rule.

Now, correct me if I am Rip Van Winkle and have been sleeping for 20 years, but weren't the 90's just a few years ago? Like, maybe, three???

So, should this special be on at all? Sure, it's chock full of nostalgia and laughs and some damn funny clips (Ross Perot maybe takes the cake), but it seems just a trifle soon to be deconstructing the 90's. I'm pretty sure 80's cover bands and "flashback lunches" didn't get hot until sometime in the mid-to-late 90's. We're still in the early-to-mid 00's (how do you say that? oughts?) and it's premature in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and I went blond yesterday. I swore I'd never be one of those brunettes who went blond because they think it looks better, but, well, it does. At least on me. Sad, and expensive, but true.

One more note -- Dave Navarro is one freaky lookin' dude. The skin below his eyes doesn't move. I'm not sure if he's had a few too many lifts or if he's got a private stash of Botox.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home