Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Taking Stock

So I am giving up meat for Lent. Just red meat. I was going to give up coffee, as I normally do, but with starting a new job, the coffee-deprivation might not be terribly wise. B is giving up red meat (instead of alcohol, the other option for him) and really, when you think about it, it would be impossible for me to not end up giving up red meat also.

The new job has its moments. I can see that, when things are actually going strong, I am going to enjoy being here. But for the time being, it's quite awkward. There's not a great deal for me to do yet; I am sharing an office with two people when I am used to a degree of privacy. (One of my office-mates obviously is also...she seems to be having some problems with that. It's not easy to be told you have to share an office when you've had your own space for several years.)

I am antsy. Ready to get working on something productive. I have a task; was just given something sort of big to take care of. I doubt it will keep me busy for a full 8 hours a day but we have training tomorrow and furniture shopping Friday, so I guess it doesn't have to.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home