Thursday, September 11, 2003

Back again. ::::sigh::::

I really thought I might have escaped the overwhelming need to unburden myself on an unsuspecting world.

I was clearly wrong.

Sometimes I just need an excuse to babble. Today, my babble is going to start with this terrific quote I just read on Salon.com:

"Drinking works only short-term; the booze will take your wallet in the middle of the night just like a bad hooker." - Cary Tennis

That's just exquisite. It helps to have the background that Tennis is a recovering alcoholic--but it's not really necessary to know that. The words stand quite well alone. What a terrific image--I see this skanky chick with fried hair (blonde, of course) and a spandex mini, shoes in hand, slinking out the door with a leather billfold in hand. And she smells like Jack Daniels. The air is dark grey, cigarette smoke hanging over everything, and the lump in the bed barely breathing.

It's kind of funky. In the sense of "gross," not "cool."

Practice your own scintillating turns of phrase, please.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home